Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break/ Grandma Mickie's visit

While it's obvious I have been shirking (?) my duties updating the blog (sorry!), it's not for being lazy! Lots have been happening in the last month and I've got the pics to prove it!

Ashlynne's Spring Break was the last two weeks of March and we were happy to have Grandma Mickie come and spend it with us. (She's got lots of good pictures on her phone too which I hope she'll share with me so I can pass 'em along to you.) We picked her up at the San Francisco airport and went down to the famous Pier 39 at Fisherman's Wharf and had a fabulous dinner. Mom got the barbecued mango swordfish and it was hard not to gobble it all up right off her plate! And real San Francisco sourdough bread....mmmmm.

The rest of our time was spent doing some sightseeing all throughout Monterey, Carmel and down through Big Sur. We spent one whole day driving over 2 hours south down the Pacific Coast Highway (the PCH to us locals, lol) through Big Sur and had an amazing time despite the wind! That first shot is from the Rocky Point Restaurant where we had lunch with that amazing view. We drove all the way down to Hearst Castle where William Randolph Hearst lived and hosted his famous celebrity parties in the 30s and 40s. We only saw it from a distance as we were too late to do a tour. Maybe next time! Here's some of the best pics.






No comments: