Monday, August 11, 2008

playin' around

It was a nice slow weekend for once that included playing dress-up and an impromptu merging of our dinners with the neighbors on Saturday. Basically, we threw leftovers together and whatever needed to get out of the fridge and onto the grill.

Ashlynne had a great first week of school and loves loves loves that she has a locker for the first time. She's got at least a couple of kids she knows in every class from last year's school. She's already come home with some crazy stories about her English teacher, Mr. Thomas. Apparently he likes to talk about himself. A lot. One topic was "ask me about a band and I'll tell if I've seen them and what I think". One kid said, "Plain White T's?" "Uuugh", he said. "Hey There Delilah? Your BORING! Next." Hmmm....

She likes her science teacher, Mr. Tanaka and that he looks exactly like an asian version of Grandaddy. I can't wait to see him.

No comments: